Applying for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for PIP

bunty71
bunty71 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My son currently receives DLA and I am (already) his appointee for this benefit. Last week I received the letter 'inviting' me to apply for PIP. After 20 minutes on the phone the form arrived this week. Can anyone advise how I fill this in (as in) do I fill it in as though my son is filling it in and say "I need help with ..." Or do I fill it is as his carer and say "J needs help with ...." Also when it comes to signing the form is it me or him that signs it?

Hope this makes sense

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hello bunty71,

As you are the appointee for your son you can fill the form in on his behalf and sign it yourself.
    If you need help completing the form I can help you to find a local service or give you some information to help you complete the form.
    Contact me at the helpline if you would like any further help.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.