Hi, my name is Chloe! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Chloe!

Options
Chloe
Chloe Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I am a teenager living with shunt corrected hydrocephalus but things have cropped up the past that have led to me now having a slight weakness on my right side. I just want to know if anyone else has this condition and might be to pass on inofrmation on how you have coped with hydrocephalus.

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Chloe,

Welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself :)
  • htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there Chloe. I do not have hydrocephalus but I have a weakness (right sided hemiparesis) that is a form of cerebral palsy. Hope you can find some useful answers! :)
  • Chloe
    Chloe Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi, and yes that has answered a few thou I have had. How do you cope with a weakness on the right side. The only way I can say that I have managed to cope and move on would be that I have a very supportive family and a nother who doesn't and wouldn't let my needs be an excuse. She has included me with everything.

I know a few people with cerebal palsy and was just wondering if you use a wheelchair or any other sorts of equipment to help you with day to day life.

Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.