Hi, my name is Joepcooke! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Joepcooke!

Options
Joepcooke
Joepcooke Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm a Carer for my wife Joan, who has Complex HSP (Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia. Joan's dad also had HSP and also developed MND from which he sadly died. The family were then founder members of the Merseyside MNDA some 35 years ago. Joan's sister Carol, a founder Officer, also has HSP and now suspected MND. We have two daughters, one apparently clear and one with HSP. Her twins (17) also have HSP but one is severely disabled with Spina Bifida, mental age around 4yrs. My wife had a nasty scald in her lap a year ago and has stopped the little walking she could manage. We've made a downstairs bedroom and had help with an adjustable bed and an electric leg raiser, which has completed her fight back to independent living (tho I'm there to help). The leg raiser (for help getting legs onto the bed) is worth seeing.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.