Sent my PIP form off, over 1 year ago they've received it but I've not heard what's happening. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sent my PIP form off, over 1 year ago they've received it but I've not heard what's happening.

Alex Srdarevic-Lewis
Alex Srdarevic-Lewis Community member Posts: 2 Connected
Need to know when they will be assessing me, form sent in over a year ago but no assessment appointment

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hello Alexandra,

Was this a new claim?
    When was your last contact with the DWP? I thought that the issue with PIP delays had been resolved. Feel free to contact me at the helpline if you would like to talk through this some more.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • Alex Srdarevic-Lewis
    Alex Srdarevic-Lewis Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    I got the form from DLA, filled it in and sent it to PIP, followed this with phone calls just to be told they have their form, they are dealing with everyone, you've to wait your turn, as far as I am aware they've not checked or asked any Dr s about me just let me waiting, wondering. Do I need to do anything, this isn't helping me, I've epilepsy along with multiple disabilities very frustrated and worried. Alex Srdarevic-Lewis
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Alex,

If they have received your form and it's a case of waiting until they get to you then there's not much more that you can do to speed things up. It depends on where you live and how they are coping with the demand in your area. You could try raising it with your local MP to see if they can help find out what the delay is.
    There is a also a complaints procedure you can follow with regards to the long delay, details can be found in the following link https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure.
    There was some court action around this issue of delays last year in which a High Court had decided that the Government acted unreasonably and unlawfully in failing to award Personal Independence Payment (PIP) to disabled claimants within a reasonable timescale - See more at: http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2015/june/pip-delays-unlawful-says-high-court#sthash.FCTTvp0t.dpuf

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a long wait and I hope that it is resolved soon. If your claim is successful, anything you are owed will be backdated to the date you made the claim.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.