Speech and language
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

My son just turned 5 and he has speech delays.


  • IsmaeelIsmaeel Member Posts: 2

    just came across this forum and looks very helpful. My son just turned 5 and he has speech delays. he does have understanding issues as well but with little help gets to know what is being said to him. I need help with developing his speech as at school he is not doing very great and is mostly wandering alone as he is not a big talker and cant get to make any friends.His confidence is hence getting affected He doesnt have a statement as the doctors ruled out ASD sometime ago. He Says very few sentences and is not proceeding further. Can u please advise where should i go to get his speech therapy done so he can start talking properly. Please respond i am very very desperate for an answer.
  • LondonSpeechTherapyLondonSpeechTherapy Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2017
    Dear Ismaeel, 

    Thank you for your question. Has your son been discharged by the NHS Speech Therapist? You can re-refer via the GP; personally or via school. I feel that based on what you had described that this should be the first step. If you wanted to access private SLT the Association of Speech & Language Therapists in Independent Practise can be found at http://www.helpwithtalking.com.


Sign in or join us to comment.