is now playing at the Almeida Theatre until 28 May; a "high concept and
play by Leo Butler that
follow's one young man's journey across 21st-century London, directed by Sacha Wares with
an award-winning creative team and diverse company of more than twenty.
"Boy is a play for those people who don’t normally go to the theatre.... Boy makes more connections for marginalised voices, especially disabled people than the London Underground." Disability Rights
★★★★ Evening Standard, Time Out, The Telegraph, Financial Times, Daily Mail, Observer, Sunday Times
We have a limited number of £5 tickets available, valid on all performances until Saturday 7 May (if you book before 5 May).To take advantage of this offer, call the Box Office on 020 7359 4404 and quote '£5 group rate'. Tickets are subject to availability, strictly limited and non-transferable.
"Relevant," "truthful", "awesome" - watch audience members respond to the production here.
There is also a Relaxed Performance of Boy on 11 May at 1.30pm. A Relaxed Performance is specifically designed to welcome people who will benefit from a more relaxed performance environment, including people with an Autism Spectrum Condition, sensory and communication disorders, or a learning disability. People have the freedom to come and go as necessary and a chill-out area is provided for those who need a quiet space. There is a relaxed attitude to noise and movement and some small changes made to light and sound effects. For more information please contact [email protected] or call the Box Office on 020 7359 4404.
The Almeida Theatre is an accessible venue with on street parking for Blue Badge holders, an access ramp and fully accessible bar and cafe, accessible toilets, Captioned, Audio Described and Relaxed Performances.
We hope to see you there!
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 706 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments