Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I need a new kitchen my old kitchen is over 25 years old !

trevtrev Member Posts: 3
can any one help me ?


  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi Trev,

    Do you own your home or are you renting it from a council, housing association or private landlord?

  • trevtrev Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2016
    Hi Debbie i own my own house .

    i have no savings . 
  • ScopeHelplineScopeHelpline Member Posts: 209 Courageous
    Hi Trev, Which local authority do you come under? I'm going to look into this for you but it would be helpful to know who your council is. Also, without appearing rude and nosey, how old are you? Many thanks Debbie
  • trevtrev Member Posts: 3
    Debbie i am 62 and on FULL Disability  !
    Flint shire post code CH8 9HJ . 
  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi Trev,

    I've found the following information from Flintshire County Council regarding a Home Improvement Loan. The Welsh Government has launched a new Home Improvement Loan scheme offering financial support to owners of private properties. The fund, made available to Councils in Wales, enables the Council to provide short to medium term loans to owners of sub-standard properties who pass affordability criteria and who are restricted by other sources of finance.

    Have a look through the information and see if this is something you would consider applying for.

    You should be able to get more advice from Flintshire Care and Repair too http://www.flintshirecr.co.uk/aboutus.php

    You could also try searching the grants database on www.turn2us.org.uk to see if there are any grants you can apply for to help with the costs.

    I hope this has been helpful and good luck! 

    Best wishes
Sign in or join us to comment.