I need a new kitchen my old kitchen is over 25 years old ! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need a new kitchen my old kitchen is over 25 years old !

trev
trev Community member Posts: 3 Listener
can any one help me ?

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Trev,

Do you own your home or are you renting it from a council, housing association or private landlord?

Thanks
    Debbie
  • trev
    edited May 2016
    Hi Debbie i own my own house .

ps
    i have no savings . 
  • ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
    Hi Trev, Which local authority do you come under? I'm going to look into this for you but it would be helpful to know who your council is. Also, without appearing rude and nosey, how old are you? Many thanks Debbie
  • trev
    Debbie i am 62 and on FULL Disability  !
    Flint shire post code CH8 9HJ . 
    THANK YOU. 
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Trev,

I've found the following information from Flintshire County Council regarding a Home Improvement Loan. The Welsh Government has launched a new Home Improvement Loan scheme offering financial support to owners of private properties. The fund, made available to Councils in Wales, enables the Council to provide short to medium term loans to owners of sub-standard properties who pass affordability criteria and who are restricted by other sources of finance.
    http://www.flintshire.gov.uk/en/Resident/Housing/Housing-Grants--Loans.aspx

Have a look through the information and see if this is something you would consider applying for.

You should be able to get more advice from Flintshire Care and Repair too http://www.flintshirecr.co.uk/aboutus.php

You could also try searching the grants database on www.turn2us.org.uk to see if there are any grants you can apply for to help with the costs.

I hope this has been helpful and good luck! 

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness