Fought so hard! Scared they'll take support away — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fought so hard! Scared they'll take support away

MissCC
MissCC Community member Posts: 22 Connected
I have fought with my sons school for 5 years, my son is in year 5, has ASD, ADHD, Dyspraxia & SPD no ECHP -  I got external help through Southwark Independant Advice Service and following Ed Psy recommendations adequate interventions have been put in place for the last 6 weeks.. His class teacher tells me " You've made him go backwards, he was working independently, and now he's not and also you've taken support away from other children that need it " GRRRRR - no! My son is finally getting the help he NEEDS, also the other children are not my problem that's down to the school.. I have a meeting Friday with Senco, Headteacher, Ed Psy, Class Teacher, myself & Ed officer from Southwark Independant advice service - I'm worried they are now going to say that having the interventions/support isn't helping my son be Independant - he needs prompting, help staying focused, handwriting support, OT techniques to help his hands before he writes. 
I've fought so hard against the school, I'm so worried they are going to try & reduce / stop his support. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.