Enquiry — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Enquiry

Options
Fatmata
Fatmata Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, my 8 months old daughter is diagnosed with developmental delay and 4 limb motor disorder. She is trying to sit up, but she can't reach for toys or role over yet. I will want get in touch with some one with similar or same problem.

Comments

• Katie_G
    Katie_G Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Hiya,

My son Joshua had the same symptoms around that age. He is still under investigation and they are querying CP. Although he still can sit by himself at the age of 2 his made alot of progress and he can now reach for toys even if it taoes him that oittle
  • Katie_G
    Katie_G Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    My fone froze and posted the comment before i could finish.

It does take him that little bit longer to reach for a toy but he gets there and he understands everything. His mentality is spot on he can communicate well but does not say anything yet just makes alot of noises. 

Have u seen a paediatrician and have you had any tests or scans such as an MRI scan?

• Fatmata
    Fatmata Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yes Katie G she had an MRI scan done in February, that when she was diagnosed with the developmental delay and 4 limb motor disorder. Yes we are seeing the physiotherapy every week.She can makes a lots of noises, just worried

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.