Communication is what you make it. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Communication is what you make it.

barbforshee
barbforshee Community member Posts: 5 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Do you have a child with communication difficulties?.

Comments

• barbforshee
    barbforshee Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi my name is Barb. My son is 23 and no longer has communication diffculties but when he was a baby he went to a daycare that was run by nurses. They had every kind of therapy there a child could want or use. Mine needed all the therapies including speech. They kept trying to teach him to talk. He was going on 3 years old and they kept trying to teach him to talk. He had a hearing impairment so they had a difficult time at this. I told them "Teaching him to talk is well and good but I need to communicate with him now so teach him sign language." They told me they wanted him to talk. I told them I did too but teach him sign language so I can communicate with him now. They did and I was finally able to talk to my child. He learned 36 words in sign language. Then he dropped it and started talking. Communication is what you make it. 
    Barb.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.