Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Charities that could loan a power wheelchair
Hello to all here.my husband was diagnmosed two and a half years ago with guillium barre syndrome which takes 2 - 3 years to get out of his system, he was in hospital for 13 months and has been home for 14 months now, he has a manuel wheelchair which is very hard to use by himself so i take him for short walks as he weighs 19 stone it is hard for me to push him far, i wondered if the3re are any charities that could loan a power wheelchair to him so i could take him out for a brak, would like to be able to take him to the seaside for a short break but wouldnt be able to push him around for any length of time due to the weight, he is 74 and i am 63. Thank you for any help you may be able to give us.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.