Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Should I reapply for PIP or is my son entitled to any other benefits?
My son Thomas has been getting Disibility Living Allowance since he was 3 years old,when he turned 16,I was told too apply for P.I.P,which I did he went for a medical assessment,they turned him down, I appealed,he was turned down again.He is now 17,Thomas has always been behind in school,as he has learning difficulities.He has had a lot of help in primary school,with his own special teacher.He also had speech therapy as he stutters,when trying too get his words out.Carers allowance also stopped at the same time.Need advice what too do next.Whether too apply again for P.I.P.or any other benefits he is entitled too.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 748 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.