Benefits stopped, need money to live — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Benefits stopped, need money to live

dave3456 Member Posts: 3
hi  that's its  dave  owens here  as iam very up set the way that idid get  my  benefits all stopted just because I did not go for  a  medicial  welfare assement off my   needs  as  they are very  complex special asb erges syn drome and type 2diabetics as well  now  what as happned was all my  legs  wad swollen and I had to take fusaminbe tablets to get the swelling down as I have HAD THIS  ILLNES FOR ALKONG TIME ABOUT NEARLY 1`0   YRS   2004 NOW JUST BECAUSE I COULD NOT EVEN GET  ANY OFF  THE  FULL DOCTORS REORT WHICH DOES   COSTS ABOUT 30   POUNDS FOR ONE ITS NORMAL STANDARDS PRODUCEER TO THIS TO HAPPEN ALTHROUGH YOU BEEN COVERED  BY GL24 WHICH DOES GIVE YOU FREE  PRESCTRIONS AS  WELL AS I HAVE TO WAIT NOIW FOR   THE LIVERPOL COUERT TRIBUNALS TO GIVE ME ALL TRHE BACK PAY BACK NOW  TOO   AND THIS IS ALL VERY WRONG FOR TGHEM TO STOP SICK PEOPLES  MONEY UNDER THE  CHROINC SICK DISABLED ACT 1970  AS WELL AS IAM TRPEW 2DIABETICS AND IDO NEED  MONEY TO   LIVE  ON AS  WELL ITS AVERY UN FAIR WORLD NOW TOO FROM DAVE OWENS


  • dave3456
    dave3456 Member Posts: 3
    hi their my name is dave owens and I cantlive on any benefits a\s icant buy any food nor live in my house as its toop dear as well from dave owens
  • dave3456
    dave3456 Member Posts: 3

    and  too its bad as now I have to wait nearly  12  weeks before I get an y money now too  as  well and with me having dibetics as well  I  need  food  its bad   too  and  it could get really very bad with out no money to live  on as my housing benefit is about 450  pounds  as well now too  and I cant   afoord it if this does con tinue  with out any  benefits or money   to live  on and its  wrong they should do away with this   medcial asement now too as well from dave owens

  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @dave3456. Welcome to the community, and sorry to hear of your troubles. I would advise you to call our free  helpline on 0808 800 3333, as they will be able to provide immediate advice and support on your situation. 
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @dave3456,

    Sorry to hear about the problems with your benefits.

    It sounds as though you need some urgent financial assistance. Liverpool City Council has a Crisis Support Scheme and you may need to contact them to ask for assistance if you have no money coming in at the moment. It can help with some of the essentials like food, gas and electricity.

    The scheme might also be able to refer you to a local service which can help you sort out your benefit problems. 

    I hope this helps.

    Good luck


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.