If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Need help filling in PIP form

DorothyDorothy Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in PIP, DLA and AA
I am 64 years old and I am finding it hard to cope with my life,I suffer with COPD I have problems with my breathing and I suffer chronic pain due to a back and neck problem I have been trying to get some help with filling in my PIP I cannot seem to get any help from anywhere  Don't have the confidence to do this on my own,can you advice me where I can get some help


  • TenTen Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Have you tried places like; Age Uk, local Carer's centre, Citizen Advice Bureau or a local disability organisation. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    edited September 2016
    Dear Dorothy,

    It is really hard to fill in these long forms by yourself. If you regularly see a hospital consultant, do you know if there is anyone at the hospital who can help you - some NHS settings have welfare rights advisers attached to them. Citizens Advice and Age UK are both good suggestions, as is a carer's centre which some local authorities may have. You can also check to see if there is a local disability advice/info organisation - again your local council should be able to tell you, or you could look on their website.

    Disability Rights UK have a list of members and you could have a look to see if there's any organisation near you.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.