Hi, my name is claire and I have ms other health problems — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is claire and I have ms other health problems

hi my name is Claire I'm 42 married to Kevin for 18 year and we have twin girls who are nearly 19.I was diagnosed with MS just over a year ago and I'm still trying to come to terms with it.i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 12 year ago and since then I have also been diagnosed with other things like CFS,Hypermobility,Depression,B12/pernicious Anemia,Ibs,Caude Equine due to prolapsed disk and had surgery in 2014 to remove prolapse and to prevent further damage but I was left with numbness from my waste down to toes on left side and pain and nothing more can be done.i also have 4 prolapses up in my thoracic spine but can't have surgery as they are in a dangerous area and would need be significantly worse before they would operate.I don't work now unfortunately but I wish I could and would do anything to be able to get out and do some work as I hate not working and it gets me really down and depressed that I am not able to do much now.


  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi Claire, welcome to the community and sorry to hear of your troubles. If you have any questions or need advice don't hesitate to ask our community, and if you need to talk on the phone, the free Scope Helpline is open Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm on 0808 800 3333.
  • galvin66
    galvin66 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Claire, so sorry to hear about your multiple disabilities, you have a great deal to cope with....... The one thing I may be able to help in reassuring you with is your throcic area.  I only had one prolapsed disc, which they used the procedure call clouds.  The surgeon goes through the front of neck.  They remove your voice box and remove bad disc and they made a new disc out of my hip bone.  It was successful, although the disc above and below replace discs are being naughty and are prolapsed???!!!?! What can you do??!!

    my advice about work would be try and start volunteering with the CAB as an adviser, then whilst you are their, sometimes paid p/t jobs come up, and they have no problem if you are off with problems arising from your disabilities.  Try it???!?!!!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.