Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi I have SpinaBifida, I have had two children and managed to work unill approx ten years ago. I have had multiple operation which has caused arthritis. I am still going through operations my last one was a year gone April and I will be back in hosp after Christmas. I am in constant pain, and always worry how I would cope if they took away my Dla at the grand age of 61 I permanently worry as our government seems to treat genuine disabled disgustingly and I dont know about anyone else but make me feel like xcum. At the beginning of the year I recievdd a lump sum from my mum in law and doing the proper thing informed the Dla, Esa, and council Tax and I informed them that it wouldnt last long as I had many jobs on the home I had to have done. They told me to reapply when my savings went done which is what I have done. At first they lost all my paperwork, I only found out when after 6 weeks I had no feed back and then I had to take all paperwork in and have been waiting about 5 weeks and when I rang up they told me there was a backlog I have used all my savings up and am now struggling and have no idea when I will hear anything am too tired to fight and dont know what to do. Any advice would be great!
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.