Certificate of entitlement for motability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Certificate of entitlement for motability

Sarahwyllie
Sarahwyllie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, my son is severely disabled and currently receives the highest rate of care and mobility dla. We had a car accident and our car was written off so we decided to go on the motability scheme. We went to dealer and made the application and ordered a car. However our motability application was turned down as his certificate of entitlement runs out on 30th Jan 2017, so does not have the required 12 months.
i sent a renewal application to dwp which they received on 10th September and I've been calling every week or so to see what's happening as we have no form of transportation for my son , he has a large wheelchair and equipment to move around, we were told maximum 8 weeks to process. I've just been informed by dwp that they won't even look at his claim until December now as his award lasts til January, which is a bit of a nightmare for us as we may not be able to get our son to school etc without a car. Can I do anything about this? It seems strange that under the circumstances they can't process his claim, it could be even worse if you only had 11 months for example on your certificate then you would have to wait almost a year for motability? 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.