ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Carrie38
Carrie38 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
The recent changes to Esa regarding people with long term conditions not having to be reassessed as often if at all . Is Cp one of them conditions as I will not get better in 3 years . I am in the support group. 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Carrie

The government has not given very much detail on how it intends to implement this piece of policy. A recent statement by Damian Green (Secretary of State) in the House of Commons said it will apply to people who have... "the most severe health conditions and disabilities (defined as claimants with severe, lifelong, often progressive and incurable conditions, with minimally fluctuating care needs, who are unlikely to ever be able to move closer to the labour market and into work)."

See here for the full statement.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Carrie38
    Thank you  i do feel that Cp should be included  I have worked all my adult life till last year where my Cp and the aging effect got too much. I have tried all sorts of jobs buy on the days I can't get out of bed with pain I can't work. I have to go though the process of esa every 3 years. I will never get better.
  • DianaW
    DianaW Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    There was some suggestion that this would be unlikely to apply to mental health conditions, such as chronic depression and anxiety. Since dealing with the DWP and being forced into trying hopelessly to find good work makes these problems much worse, surely this is nonsense.
    This is my own problem. I'm a much more productive member of society when left on ESA and able to do such voluntary work as I find I can manage, than when forced into the jobmarket after having ESA terminated. The physical effects of the stress caused by dealings with the DWP have become so great that I can't even pursue an appeal to the tribunal safely.
  • Carrie38
    Hopefully they will be some more news soon 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.