Questions about ESA and DLA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Questions about ESA and DLA

Options
PeteO63
PeteO63 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hi. My name is Pete Osgerby. Got finished from work in June due to ill health and was wondering if anyone can help with some benefits questions please? Firstly I get Pip, top level mobility butility lower rate DLA my assessment was done last year when I first became ill but things are much worse now, will this stand until my next assessment in 2019? And secondly I'm on ESA £73.10 a week until my ability to work assessment is done, can anyone tell me how long this takes to be carried out please. 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Pete

I'm not sure whether you are receiving PIP or DLA as (although there are similarities) they are different benefits. The advice might differ depending on what you're already getting so i suggest you check and post again with the exact rates because it is not possible to receive PIP and DLA at the same time.

The ESA assessment phase is supposed to last only 13 weeks but there have been terrible delays in the past and it can go on a lot longer. I suggest you contact Maximus here as they complete the assessments. If it takes longer than 13 weeks you might like to consider making a complaint and you can find out more about this here.

Also, depending on whether you live alone or with others it may be that you should be getting more than £73.10 and so i suggest you let us know and we will be able to advise further.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.