Are the DWP sympathetic when you ask for more time to fill in forms? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are the DWP sympathetic when you ask for more time to fill in forms?

Options
Mimbles
Mimbles Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2016 in Start here and say hello!
Hi I've had problems with my back for the past twenty years but after a car accident as a passenger and a fall in the back garden I am now registered as disabled, my mobility is slowly getting worse I have nerve damage in my legs which seem to like doing there own thing and am in constant pain. 
There's two ways to look at the situation a) give up and give in or b) push yourself even further, I push myself further which a lot of the time floors me but I've done something.
  I've recently contacted Dwp to say my situation has changed I received my form but I have problems now with my concentration and struggling to fill the form in, I am going to telephone and ask for another few days grace to get it filled in. Has anyone else had this problem and are the dwp sympathetic when you telephone them for this? Hope someone can advise me.

Comments

• mike99
    mike99 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    I had to ask for more time with forms in the past... ring them up as early as you are able.. they usually allow some time if you have circumstances which delay you..  Welfare Rights usually based in the Town hall / centre will have someonevto assist you..  But please dont delay and don't panic.. If you have a care worker ask them to assist you too.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.