Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is spudeen!
I'm a mum of a great 8-year old boy who is having problems in his early life. After a long battle I managed to get him tested in school and they have found that he appears to have working memory problems. A plan has been put in place. Happy. But, my problem is that he has huge problems at home: frustration, anger, very low self confidence, low concentration (mostly for homework), never sits still, always interrupts, and now, biting himself when angry or frustrated. My husband and I don't know where to turn as we have no confidence whatsoever in our doctors. Please help as it's hurting us all.
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 706 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.