Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Is there a support group in the Manchester area for parents?
Hello, This is my first time ever on a discussion group. Does anybody know of a support group in the Manchester area for parents. I am the grandmother of gorgeous twin girls aged 8 months. One of the babies has CP following lack of oxygen around the time of her birth. These are my daughters first children and I am so worried about her. She is struggling right now with all the things she has to juggle,appointments galore but little in the way of communication and advice. Plus caring for 2 babies and trying to come to terms with the diagnosis. I really feel she and her husband would benefit from talking to other parents who have been through some of the same things or are going through it now. Our little one is tube fed and has just had a swallow test which showed some problems, she has a vulnerable swallow. She had been enjoying food up until then but we have been told to stop and tube feed only following a chest infection due to her aspirating..We have not been given advice about any physio or other therapy which might strengthen her swallow or ways to ensure that food is pleasurable in the future. Does anybody have any advice about this? I am going to encourage my daughter, to join this discussion herself when she feels ready but in the meantime I am trying to find her some support . Health visitor came once in the beginning but has not been back since.
Thanks for listening
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 602 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 711 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 954 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments