Hi, my name is LyndseyF! 3 year old daughter with quad cerebral palsy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is LyndseyF! 3 year old daughter with quad cerebral palsy

LyndseyF
LyndseyF Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My daughter was diagnosed with a quadriplegic cerebral palsy just under a year ago. She's just started school nursery and is doing fantastic. She has a Kaye walker to get around and tries to be very independent. I came on here to see if anyone has any further ideas apart from the general physio and OT ideas to try and get her taking her first steps independently. Are there any treatments anyone has tried out that have seemed to have given their child that extra push? 

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2016
    Hi Lyndsey, welcome to the community!

The Parents and Carers section might be a good place for you to start, there are so many great people on this community.  

We also have a great Parents Guide that might be of help to you.

Do take a look around the community and get involved in the discussions!

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Stripes
    Stripes Community member Posts: 24 Listener

Hi Lindsey

I am one of the Information and Advice Worker for Scope. If you could email me at Ian.jones@scope.org.uk letting me know which part of the country you live in then I could pass you on to your local Information and Advice Worker

Regards

Ian Jones

Information and Advice Worker (Northern Region)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.