Recently found out that I had cerebral palsy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recently found out that I had cerebral palsy

Options
Vix73
Vix73 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2016 in Cerebral palsy
I suffered a major head injury as a child 30 plus years ago. I am writing a book about my injuries and what complications I now have to contend with, in writing this book I am learning a lot about these injuries and have read that I now suffer cerebral palsy which to be honest was a big shock but now the doctor has explained it to me I am kind of feeling mixed emotions. I am not sure what it means for me now

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Vix, welcome to the community.

Taking a look at the CP info page might help you, but also take a look around the community as talking to others may help you learn more about your condition.  

I have always found writing about my experiences very cathartic so I think your book sounds like a wonderful idea, I look forward to talking more to you about it.

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.