Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
New member Jeanettep asking about DWP and summons
I run a local help and advice team in my local area for the working person aged 25 to 55 although we have helped older and younger. I have a disabled lady who at times is bedridden through pain. She lives alone with her 13yr daughter who is her main carer. She has been separated 3yrs. The DWP is suing her for more than £2,560 as they believe they are still man and wife. I need someone who can take on her case given that she is housebound and the size of the debt. Today the council have also issued her a summons for housing and council benefit fraud for more than £35K . I need to find her someone that can continue these summons through to fruition, preferably someone who can see her at home.. Thank you for reading Jeanettep
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.