New member Jeanettep asking about DWP and summons — Scope | Disability forum

New member Jeanettep asking about DWP and summons

Jeanettep Member Posts: 1
I run a local help and advice team in my local area for the working person aged 25 to 55 although we have helped older and younger. I have a disabled lady who at times is bedridden through pain. She lives alone with her 13yr daughter who is her main carer. She has been separated 3yrs. The DWP is suing her for more than £2,560 as they believe they are still man and wife. I need someone who can take on her case given that she is housebound and the size of the debt. Today the council have also issued her a summons for housing and council benefit fraud for more than £35K . I need to find her someone that can continue these summons through to fruition, preferably someone who can see her at home.. Thank you for reading Jeanettep


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,674 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jeanettep, thanks for joining the community and getting involved.

    You could ask on the Ask a benefits advisor section or try the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333

    Perhaps the lady could also join this community, speaking to others on here may help her feel a little less alone.  We are a friendly group and she would be very welcome.

    Senior online community officer


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.