Council refused bond for cottage - need advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Council refused bond for cottage - need advice

Options
sianny
sianny Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Long story. I had to leave my rented cottage to look after my mother when she came out of hospital. She eventually went into a lovely care home as she had dementia. I had to let her home out to make up her fees. This would have made me homeless had it not been for a friend that offered me a temporary house share. Over a year has gone by and i'm getting strong hints that I should get my own place.
I've found a cottage that has a garden that I can just about afford. I receive ESA Support component and PIP lower disability rate. It has a garden, and i need that as I have mum's dog plus my own.
The council have refused me a bond stating that I should be looking for somewhere around £350. That would be a 3rd floor flat and no garden in this area. The local homeless society PATH would do a voucher but the letting agent doesn't accept them. So I've hit a brick wall. I've saved the rent, my brother has agreed to be guarantor. I have to pay his and my application fee too. Any advice?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.