International Volunteer Day and volunteering for Scope
Monday 5th December is International Volunteers Day, it was created by the United Nations in 1985 as an international day to celebrate the power and potential of volunteering.
At Scope, we celebrate our wonderful volunteers, we have nearly 10,000 people who volunteer with us in England and Wales.
Volunteering offers you lots of benefits, from meeting new people, learning new skills, and doing something you love. If you're unemployed, volunteering can help boost your skills, confidence and your CV. Plus the chance to really make a difference to a cause you care about.
What is it like to volunteer for Scope?
There are so many ways you can get involved with volunteering for Scope, from charity shops, the befriending service and on the online community. You can search for available volunteer roles within Scope here.
We are currently looking for more Community Champions to join our brilliant team. It involves you committing to around one hour a week:
- Welcoming new members to the community.
- Monitoring discussions to make sure they are friendly and supportive.
- Joining in discussions
If you are interested, then do get in touch with us at [email protected] for more information.
Do you volunteer? What do you do? What do you get out of it? Would you recommend it to others?
Senior online community officer
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments