Funding for treatment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Funding for treatment

Hi I'm 22 with Cerebral Palsy (spastic diplega). When I was 18 I was dumped by the health care system and have had no help since. I have really struggled on my own without any support.

I went to my GP recently for advice and he didn't seem bother at all and was pretty useless. I live in Cornwall and no one seems to specialise in adults with CP or know how to help me.

I had heard of a centre for people with MS locally and thankfully they have experience with CP. They are really lovely and I have hope for the first time that I can revive help. Unfortunately it comes at a significant price. 

Does anyone know where I could maybe find funding for treatment? Is there anyone I could contact who might know?




Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.