Clear glass and plastic roofing. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Clear glass and plastic roofing.

Options
Fundamentalist
Fundamentalist Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
Hi from Fm. Does anyone on here suffer from severe heat intolerance and are you sick and tired of finding increasing numbers of public buildings fitted with stupid clear roofing which when the sun shines right in in the warmer months and causes the place to heat up to excruciating temperature inside? It's about time that severe heat intolerance was properly and officially recognised as a disability and appropriate action taken like fitting of heat reflective coating on all such roofing and even the sides of some structures. After all it says in section 20 of the "equality" act that service providers are required to make "reasonable adjustments" to any physical feature which might put a disabled person at a significant disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person. Surely fitting heat reflective coating is a very reasonable adjustment, I certainly think so and it's about time it was compulsory. If you suffer from such problems don't suffer in silence, tell those responsible for such structures, this is a democracy and you have rights so use them and speak out. And if they won't listen which all too often they don't then take it further and write to your MP's  or perhaps even go on so-called "social" media and get them told that way. Fm.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Fundamentalist

Your heat intolerance must make it really difficult in these situations.  I wonder if it is because of our usual British weather as when I have been to shopping centres in other countries, they usually have the A/C on so high that I find it very cold!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.