Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Clear glass and plastic roofing.
Hi from Fm. Does anyone on here suffer from severe heat intolerance and are you sick and tired of finding increasing numbers of public buildings fitted with stupid clear roofing which when the sun shines right in in the warmer months and causes the place to heat up to excruciating temperature inside? It's about time that severe heat intolerance was properly and officially recognised as a disability and appropriate action taken like fitting of heat reflective coating on all such roofing and even the sides of some structures. After all it says in section 20 of the "equality" act that service providers are required to make "reasonable adjustments" to any physical feature which might put a disabled person at a significant disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person. Surely fitting heat reflective coating is a very reasonable adjustment, I certainly think so and it's about time it was compulsory. If you suffer from such problems don't suffer in silence, tell those responsible for such structures, this is a democracy and you have rights so use them and speak out. And if they won't listen which all too often they don't then take it further and write to your MP's or perhaps even go on so-called "social" media and get them told that way. Fm.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 907 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 690 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.