SN babysitting services - Leeds
Hi all, I'm a dad of a 2 year old with GDD/learning disability (with no specific nursing needs) based in Leeds. We don't have any family near us and would like to try and get some time out on a regular basis with just me and my wife. Thinking just 2-3 hours a fortnight would help, to give us a break from relentless behavioural issues and general tiring nature of caring - even if its just a trip to the cinema/gym/meal out. I have read somewhere that there are special 'family sitting' services but having done some ringing around I don't know if this service still exists/whether its under the local offer or a private/charity thing. Does anyone use such a service or know of baby sitting services who are skilled/trained/can handle SEN children?
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 907 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 690 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.