SN babysitting services - Leeds
Hi all, I'm a dad of a 2 year old with GDD/learning disability (with no specific nursing needs) based in Leeds. We don't have any family near us and would like to try and get some time out on a regular basis with just me and my wife. Thinking just 2-3 hours a fortnight would help, to give us a break from relentless behavioural issues and general tiring nature of caring - even if its just a trip to the cinema/gym/meal out. I have read somewhere that there are special 'family sitting' services but having done some ringing around I don't know if this service still exists/whether its under the local offer or a private/charity thing. Does anyone use such a service or know of baby sitting services who are skilled/trained/can handle SEN children?
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 527 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 848 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.