Parental Support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Parental Support

Options
Suzi8
Suzi8 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
i have a 8 year old with additional needs struggles in school and has severe separation anxiety wants to be with mummy all the time, can't sleep unless I lie with him I have tried everything I have had him assessed with Camhs they say it's emotional

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 126 Listener
    Options
    Hey @Suzi8

this sounds really tough - have you checked whether there's a Sleep Solutions service near you? 

Also have a look at Scope's Face 2 Face service; if there's not one running in your area you could use the online befriending option

-R

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SleepPractitioners
    SleepPractitioners Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    What we find works well with children with anxiety is an object of reference, so if you carry around a teddy or something similar and let your son see that this object is very special to you, then at bedtime ask if he would like to look after it for you during the night. Children don't always realise you will come back for them but they see you paying a lot of attention to inanimate objects such as phones and keys and they know you will always need those, so by letting him look after something for you he may trust that you will definitely come back for the object. Always take the object back in the morning and then give it to him again the next night.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.