What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is shazzykins!

Hi, not really sure whats this is about but saw disability etc and just knew i should join.
I have arthiritis in right knee, hip replacement -3 yrs old , also arthiritis , osteoarthritis, osteopenia and edema all in my spine, lower region. Also depression and bad anxiety due to pain and change in lifestyle. Bursitis in both shoulders too and mild arthritis in neck. Used to work but its been 5 years now and i miss it. Was claiming pip but did a change of circumstances and they stopped it. When i was claiming pip all i had diagnosed then was hip arthritis. Since then all these new conditions have been diagnosed and have tried for pip 3 times and asked for reconsideration 3 times but got tutned down. I dont know what to do. I get esa support one but its not enough to live on. If i could work believe me i would . im struggling big time and any help and advice would be truly appreciated. Thank you so much 


  • Chris_AlumniChris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 695 Pioneering
    Hi @shazzykins, welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of your difficulties - I've moved your post to our benefits advice category so you can hopefully get some help and advice. 

    If you'd like to explore the rest of the community you can do so via the categories page.

  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi Shazzykins,

    I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you have had with your PIP claims.

    Unfortunately it is not your diagnosis but the effect that your health problems have on your daily living and mobility that are taken into account. You can read more about this in the PIP benefit pages at http://http//www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/personal-independence-payment

    I really do think you should make a new claim but get help from a specialist organisation like citizens advice or a welfare rights organisation. If you telephone the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333 they will be able to check who can help near where you live.

    Post back and let us know how you get on. 

    Best wishes,

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.