Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Support for my brother with CP and hospital/rehab
Hi I am the sister of Kevin who has mixed cerebral palsy he is 45 I am 44 . He lives at home with my mum and dad who are in their seventies he has no outside care other than our family he is in hospital at the moment as he fell and broke his hip he has aspiration and he developed an infection whist being sick in hospital because he was lying down he has been in hospital now for 3 weeks on an orthopaedic ward in Liverpool and it has been horrendous we are there Day and night and sleep in the hospital as they do not know how to deal with his celebral palsy so is being fed food and given his tablets at the wrong time for his epilepsy wondering what would be the best place for him . He is going into a rehab facility for his hip and overall check but they do not have a bed yet as anyone faced a similar situation?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 752 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.