sleep issues based around anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

sleep issues based around anxiety

donnaandhugo
donnaandhugo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ask a Sleep Practitioner.

Comments

• donnaandhugo
    donnaandhugo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi
    My son is 7.5 and diagnosed ASD with GDD, we are experiencing major sleep issues based around anxiety. Hugo does not settle well and is often hysterical when left on his own in his room, he won't stay there and wanders back and forth flapping and repeating 'cuddle up' continuously, he has a reasonable bedtime routine, bath, books, sleep all done in his own room. He is taking melatonin which has helped a little with the initial settling (but not every night) but once he has fallen asleep on his own he only sleeps for 2-3 hours and jerks a lot in his sleep, then he wakes in a blind panic and refuses to sleep alone.....I've tried returning him to bed quietly but he becomes hysterical and the only way I can get him to sleep is to let him go to my bed with me, where he then wakes every hour or so in a panic and needs reassurance to settle again, I am exhausted and so is he, any advise welcome Donna x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.