Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Walk with Me
Walk with me
Walk a while with me my friends, walk with me today.
Come and see what I see, and listen to what I say.
Yes I have dementia, and sometimes I get worse,
Please be very grateful, that you don't have this curse.
But we are all that different, the likes of you and me?
We breathe the same; we feel the same,
the same things we do see.
The only difference is my friends, I don't feel that well,
When I can't remember everything you tell
My heart beats just as quick as yours, my blood runs just as fast.
But because of my dementia, the shadow it is cast
Its the shadow cast by others, that takes away my light,
turns my life to darkness, my pleasure into fright,
for when you cast that shadow and it comes my way
It drains me of my energy, makes me hude, or run away
Sometimes I do different things, my mind is not my own.
But do YOU never talk to yourself, when you are alone?
So am I all that different, the likes of you and me
So my friends come walk a while, the future's ours to see.
Should say Norrms and not Norma
Diagnosed with dementia 9 years ago aged just 50
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.