Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, I'm Paula and my Son is Autistic and 19. Support as an independent adult.
Hi, my Son is Atypical Autistic with speech and language delay. He is 19 now. I have a lot of experience and knowledge to share but the 'learning the lessons' are ongoing and it would be good to be in touch with other people in a similar situation. The problems he faces as an adult are pretty daunting but he is doing well with my support and guidance. My main concerns at the moment are putting measures into place, should anything happen to me. It's pretty daunting and a huge worry. I have involved social services already but because I am already caring for him, they say that there is nothing for them to offer at the moment but that should anything happen to me, at least he is 'under their radar'. Has anyone got anything to share on this?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.