Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is Dwayne1961!

Dwayne1961Dwayne1961 Member Posts: 6 Connected
edited February 2017 in Disabled people
Greetings, All!  Dwayne, here! 
As of December 2016, I am 55-years-old... I have already been dealing with a number of mental health & physical health diagnoses that have led to increased disability, since I first started on my government disability pension, back in September 1992.  It has been a hard journey.  And now, after my most recent medical appointment, I find I have two more diagnoses!  I have all the symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome -- they are still figuring out what parameters there are to my specific diagnosis.  And, I have Hydrocephalus -- fluid on the brain... I already deal with repetitive incidents of fluid on my heart... Now I have spinal fluid backing-up into my brain!   !!#$$!%!#^%$&*#$!!!  ... And, that fluid is crushing my grey matter to the point of atrophy... Which, in turn, is causing or worsening my early stage dementia.  
I carry on as best I can... with dry wit or outright humour... and when that isn't working for me, I force myself to take one step at a time -- even when those steps involve taking time for Rest & Relaxation.  
I look forward to dialogue within this online community. 
Light & Love!  )O( 
The Reverend L. Dwayne Decker
Light & Love!  )O(  
The Reverend L. Dwayne Decker (ULC) 

Replies

• izaiza Member Posts: 471 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Hi @Dwayne1961

Welcome here. Seams you have lots but you do right things one step on a time is quite good. Relaxation and Humour are welcome on a board too. Enjoy your retirement time. 

Have a nice evening. 

Iza 
Sign in or join us to comment.