Lost PIP mobility — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost PIP mobility

Options
daiisey
daiisey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I lost my mobility side of pip and just got standard for care. .Ive asked for a reconsideration. And have asked for my reports to be sent out to me.But I am scared that I might Evan lose that as at the moment I get esa. But havnt been sent for a medical yet as I've filled a form in but havnt heard anything back all thus is making me I'll.  I've contacted cab as she's helping whith my sons appeal But havnt heard anything back yet .Do I have to send a reconsideration lettar in as well asI'm not very good at wriing things and get confused by things.z

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi daiisey,

If you are asking for a reconsideration it is best to make your points by letter, otherwise it's likely that the DWP won't change their decision. You say you haven't been for a medical yet; did the DWP just make a decision based on your PIP2 questionnaire? That can happen, but a health professional will still have prepared a report about you, so you've done the right thing by asking for that.

I do recommend that you ask the CAB to help you with the reconsideration letter. That will help you to identify where the report is wrong, and explain what points you should have got in the mobility activities. You could start thinking about evidence you have (medical evidence, and examples from your life) which show that you have mobility problems. 

Do get help with this as soon as you can, otherwise you may just get a mandatory reconsideration notice which doesn't change the decision, and then you would have to appeal. I hope you get this changed, and get the right result.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.