Is your tumble dryer safe?
The makers of Hotpoint and Indesit has changed its advice and warned customers not to use their tumble dryers if they are subject to a recall. They said, in some cases, excess fluff can come into contact with the heating element and present a fire risk.
Indesit said the advice follows a safety review of their products, which "identified a potential concern with two types of tumble dryers manufactured between April 2004 and September 2015."
You can check if your tumble dryer is affected here. If it is affected, you are advised to "unplug" affected tumble dryers and "do not use it" until they are modified by an engineer.
Mine is one of the ones affected and so my house is filled with wet clothes on radiators at the minute, just a word of warning, that it has been a real struggle to get through on the phone to them, you can try to contact Indesit on 0800 151 0905 if you have any concerns.
Senior online community officer
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 941 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments