Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is MileOak!
I am Head Teacher at Mile Oak Primary School. We have a young lad in our community who was born without legs. Our school council has decided that we would like to raise money to buy him a hand driven bicycle and at the same time, raise disability awareness at our school.
We decided that we would like to raise the money by setting up and charging our pupils to take part in some disability based sports. We thought the kids could have a go at wheelchair basketball, sitting volleyball and perhaps, some blind football.
I was wondering where we could get a loan of suitable equipment - wheelchairs etc.
The school is a large Primary School (530 kids) at the west end of Brighton.
Any contacts or help would be much appreciated.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments