Applied for DLA twice and pip once — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applied for DLA twice and pip once

Options
ShonaT40
ShonaT40 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have tried 3 times to get disability money & been refused all 3 times,I suffer from back pain,ocd and anxiety  maybe am not filling form in right or something I was that peed of with the last one I went got a job but after 3 days of putting up with the pain I had to give it up,sometimes when I walk out side I have to use a stick as my hips get sore etc what else can I do?

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi ShonaT40

I'm not sure which benefits you have applied for. Employment and Support Allowance is an earnings replacement benefit for people who can't work. It is meant to cover your basic expenses such as food, gas, electricity etc. Personal Independence Payment is for people aged between 16 and 65 who have day to day difficulties as a result of a health condition or disability. The two can be claimed at the same time or just one or other at a time. There are other benefits and it might be worth getting a calculation done on the entitled to website here.

The most important thing is to make a claim and then consider challenging the decision if the initial outcome is negative. This is because a significant proportion of negative decisions are later changed. You usually have to challenge a decision within one month but it can sometimes be done late. For general information on these benefits see the Scope pages here

If we can help further do let us know.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.