Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Blue badge renewal
I've just had a reminder popped up in my calendar to let me know that my Blue Badge expires in June, so I'd better start thinking of starting the reapplication process. I know that this is treated as a new application and as I don't have an automatic qualification am expecting to have to go through the usual dance of refusal and appeal , but bearing in mind we have to provide details of our existing badge does anybody know if councils actually refer back to our previous approved application to help inform their decisions? Unless I've suddenly become a Time Lord or some kind of exotic lizard I'm unable to regenerate my amputated leg so the basic grounds for the previous approval will still at least be the same and with the passage of time most likely have deteriorated.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.