Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Identitive Technology Project
I’m Reto, a design engineering student in London and currently working on a project on future assistive technologies, I wish to revolutionise the wheelchair - so what if it was something desirable, fashionable, cool, personal,… - hence the working title 'identitive technology.
I was wondering what any of you think about the following questions:
- Does a wheelchair reflect a personality?
- When does it become a “part of the body”? (Or does it anyway?)
- Can one feel through the chair?
It would be very helpful if I could get a lot of answers for my research - and will contribute to better future devices.
Oh yes: And what would your wildest dream-machine be like? :-D
Thanks a lot! I'm very much looking forward to your comments!
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.