Identitive Technology Project
I’m Reto, a design engineering student in London and currently working on a project on future assistive technologies, I wish to revolutionise the wheelchair - so what if it was something desirable, fashionable, cool, personal,… - hence the working title 'identitive technology.
I was wondering what any of you think about the following questions:
- Does a wheelchair reflect a personality?
- When does it become a “part of the body”? (Or does it anyway?)
- Can one feel through the chair?
It would be very helpful if I could get a lot of answers for my research - and will contribute to better future devices.
Oh yes: And what would your wildest dream-machine be like? :-D
Thanks a lot! I'm very much looking forward to your comments!
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 966 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 841 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments