Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is lwatto4ever!

lwatto4everlwatto4ever Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all how're you all doing?
My name is Leanne & 33 years old (soon be 34)
I'm disabled with Cerebral Palsy & I'm wheelchair bound. I'm married to my partner of 11 years & he's Able Boddied & he's also my full-time Carer & we've also got a 5 year old daughter. 
In 2015 I done a video on what's its being a disabled Mum to try & help create awareness if you
 interested in viewing this please let me know & I'll send you the link.
Leanne Watson
xx

Replies

• bendigedigbendigedig Member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    Hi leanne,

im always interested in learning about the challenges and successes my fellow planeteers are going through :)

im not ambulantly disabled.  I have an Aspergers diagnosis.  If you wZnt to share your video though i would be pleased to be able to wAtch it :)
  • lwatto4everlwatto4ever Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi thank you for your message :)

I'll upload my video for everyone to watch if they want to...
    Leanne Watson
    xx
  • AlexAlex Scope Posts: 1,324 Pioneering
    Hi Leanne,

Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing, great video! I've moved it to the disabled parents category: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/disabled-parents
  • lwatto4everlwatto4ever Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I'll look on that link thank you...Glad my video will hopefully help other people 
    Leanne Watson
    xx
  • Zec RichardsonZec Richardson Member Posts: 155 Pioneering
    I imagine that you can help a lot of people! 

When my girls were growing up I was able bodied but I am now a gramps to a 2 year old boy and a 5 week old girl. My daughter and I were talking about disability and caring for a baby and how when you are in a wheelchair you cope. 

My grandson learnt very quickly to sit on my lap and lean back so he was safe as I pushed. He thinks nothing of me not walking, it's just how gramps is and of course my wheelchair is so much fun. 

Kids learn quick, when I go to get up he see's and pushes the wheelchair in close saying "you okay GaGa" yes I know, like the singer lol
    Please share your link and I'm sure many people will benefit from it. 
Sign in or join us to comment.