Hi, my name is lwatto4ever! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lwatto4ever!

lwatto4ever
lwatto4ever Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hi all how're you all doing?
My name is Leanne & 33 years old (soon be 34)
I'm disabled with Cerebral Palsy & I'm wheelchair bound. I'm married to my partner of 11 years & he's Able Boddied & he's also my full-time Carer & we've also got a 5 year old daughter. 
In 2015 I done a video on what's its being a disabled Mum to try & help create awareness if you
 interested in viewing this please let me know & I'll send you the link.
Leanne Watson
xx

Comments

• bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    Hi leanne,

im always interested in learning about the challenges and successes my fellow planeteers are going through :)

im not ambulantly disabled.  I have an Aspergers diagnosis.  If you wZnt to share your video though i would be pleased to be able to wAtch it :)
  • lwatto4ever
    Hi thank you for your message :)

I'll upload my video for everyone to watch if they want to...
    Leanne Watson
    xx
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi Leanne,

Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing, great video! I've moved it to the disabled parents category: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/disabled-parents
  • lwatto4ever
    I'll look on that link thank you...Glad my video will hopefully help other people 
    Leanne Watson
    xx
  • Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    I imagine that you can help a lot of people! 

When my girls were growing up I was able bodied but I am now a gramps to a 2 year old boy and a 5 week old girl. My daughter and I were talking about disability and caring for a baby and how when you are in a wheelchair you cope. 

My grandson learnt very quickly to sit on my lap and lean back so he was safe as I pushed. He thinks nothing of me not walking, it's just how gramps is and of course my wheelchair is so much fun. 

Kids learn quick, when I go to get up he see's and pushes the wheelchair in close saying "you okay GaGa" yes I know, like the singer lol
    Please share your link and I'm sure many people will benefit from it. 

Brightness