If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
phillip
phillip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Have just started the pip era and when I checked them out they hadn't even contacted my doctor! Since my complaint my doctor has been contacted and I have an appointment this week. How many other people have been treated this way I wonder ! Shocking 

Comments

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    My doctors have never been contacted and I have complex medical conditions. It's more the exception than the rule.
  • WaterLily
    WaterLily Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Options
    I don't understand how the DWP can NOT contact your GP?
    You could be making anything up on the PIP application. Even if someone sent in a load of evidence, that could be fake. 
    I didn't send in any evidence at all,because I didn't have any. I just thought they would contact my GP. 
    I am happy with the award I was given. 

The DWP must have contacted my GP, or did they just take my word for it?
    It doesn't make sense that I could be awarded just by having good knowledge of my condition by filling in the form and talking to the HCP about it. 

• phillip
    phillip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I spoke to the PIP office and they told me that they had sent a form to my GP last November. I then phoned my GP surgery who stated they had never received it and indeed others had also not had their forms sent. I then phoned PIP again re this. My GP phoned me 2 days later to say the form had arrived and could I come for an appointment.
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    WaterLily said:
    I don't understand how the DWP can NOT contact your GP?
    You could be making anything up on the PIP application. Even if someone sent in a load of evidence, that could be fake. 
    I didn't send in any evidence at all,because I didn't have any. I just thought they would contact my GP. 
    I am happy with the award I was given. 

The DWP must have contacted my GP, or did they just take my word for it?
    It doesn't make sense that I could be awarded just by having good knowledge of my condition by filling in the form and talking to the HCP about it. 

You might think so but PIP is not about medical conditions. It's about what you cannot do compared to a statistically normal person.
  • WaterLily
    WaterLily Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Options
    Yes, but surely the DWP must contact your GP for the clarification of your condition?
    Then, it's up to the claimant to describe in the PIP form and to the HCP about how your condition affects you. My GP doesn't get into about 'how my condition affects me', only I know that. 

• Mol
    Mol Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Options
    Hello, when you first go into the assessment they tell you its not about your medical conditions, its about what you are not able to do.

Which really is stupid as it is your condition that is preventing you doing certain things. 

Its basically an on the day test if you pass you get PIP, fail and you have to go through a rigmarole to try and get what you deserve.

When I had my assessment the assessor had all the information I provided along with all the letters I sent in.

I would of thought that there was a procedure which they follow which ensures that they check all applications for authenticity.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.